Dirty Northern Trail Running Series
This is a legal document. Please read all of the document carefully. All competitors must read and indicate their agreement.
- In consideration of Dirty Northern Trail Running Series Inc and Adventure Sport NQ (the “Event Organisers”) accepting my participation to this Dirty Northern Trail Running Series (DNTRS) run (the “Event”) I agree to this release of claims, waiver of liability and assumption of risk.
- I understand the demanding physical nature of the Event. I declare, as a condition of entry to the Event, that I have sufficiently trained for this Event and that I am not aware of any illness, injury or any other physical disability which may cause me injury or death while participating in the Event. I will advise the Event Organisers in writing of any medical conditions that they should be reasonably be aware of.
- In the event that I become aware of any medical condition or impairment, that would impair my ability to safely complete the event, or am otherwise sick or injured prior to or during the Event, I will withdraw from the Event.
- I acknowledge that participating in the Event is a dangerous activity and that by such participation I am exposed to certain risks. I acknowledge that the enjoyment of trail running is derived in part from the inherent risks and exertion beyond the accepted safety of life at home or at work and that these inherent risks contribute to such enjoyment and is a reason for my participation in the Event.
- I acknowledge and understand that whilst participating in the Event:
- I may be injured, physically or mentally, or may die from various causes including, but not limited to, over exertion, dehydration, cardiac arrest, accidents with other participants, spectators and road/trail users, the course or weather conditions and other causes or accidents caused by my own actions;
- My personal property may be lost or damaged. I am responsible for securing my personal possessions;
- I may cause injury to other persons or damage their property;
- The conditions in which the Event is conducted may vary without warning;
- I may be in a remote or isolated location where access to medical support may be limited and take significant time to reach me;
- I assume the risk and responsibility for any injury, death or property damage resulting from my participation in the Event.
- I agree that if I am injured or require medical assistance the Event Organisers can at my cost arrange medical treatment and emergency evacuation as deemed necessary by the Event Organisers. I agree that I am responsible for my own medical and ambulance insurance. I also agree that in the event I am injured or my property is damaged I will bring no claim, legal or otherwise, against the Event Organisers in respect to that injury or damage.
- I agree to discharge, release and indemnify the Event organisers, its officers, employees, agents, volunteers, contractors, public bodies, sponsors, the owners and occupiers of land used in the event, their representatives and successors from all liability and against any and all claims, demands, right or cause of action, suits, expenses, costs and proceedings of any nature whatsoever which may be made by me or on my behalf or by other parties for or in respect of or arising out of any injury, loss, damage or death caused to me or my property as a result of my entry or participation in the Event whether by negligence, breach of contract or in any way whatsoever.
- I agree to DNTRS Inc and Adventure Sport NQ entering my personal details in the entry form into a database which will be used for the administration of the Event and which may be used for future marketing and promotion of DNTRS and Adventure Sport NQ.
- I agree to allow my name, results, photographs, videos, and multimedia or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by DNTRS Inc and Adventure Sport NQ, the sponsors, or assigns without payment or compensation.
- I agree to abide by the Event rules and the directions of all Event officials.
- I acknowledge that the Event Organisers may change the advertised course without notice if the Event Organisers deem this necessary. I also acknowledge that the Event Organisers may cancel the Event due to weather conditions, safety considerations or any other unforeseeable conditions, and that in such circumstances my entry fee will be non-refundable
- I confirm that I will be 18 years of age or older before the Event starts. Parents and or Guardians of participants under 18 years of age must give written consent for their child to compete in the event and be responsible for their child on the day of the event. These terms and conditions are outlined in the Parental Consent form.
I have carefully read this agreement and understand its contents, and agree to participate in the Event on the conditions as described above.