We asked for your feedback as to what you love about and what we could do to improve the sports that Adventure Sport NQ offers.
5 new Adventure Sport NQ T shirts were up for grabs to respondents.
60 people responded with some fantastic comments and we have copied some of them below.
We included a mix of ‘points for improvement’ and ‘what we love’.
Have a read and be inspired to join us in 2011 for a Metrogaine, a Bush Rogaine, a Trail Run or a Multisport event!
- We love everything u do. Maybe more Promo in the general community.
- Advertise when you are having events that are suitable for beginners….and then command the heavens to stop raining for the day.
- Maybe some really short versions as a “come and try it” events for people who have never done an event but think even 3 hours is too long!
- Bigger pre event communication campaigns using variety of available print and electronic media forums to elevate profile of event in minds of potential competitors and townships hosting the event. Typically the campaign would be long term commencing with placement of event date in in calenders of variety of national commercial and regional sporting organization magazines as well as other community forums
- More events. We all love getting out there. Even if the events are small, with few competitors, it’s great to have the opportunity to race or rogaine more regularly. It gets frustrating when there are always clashes with other things in the region or other commitments.
- I have very young children so arranging to have them cared for while away at an event requires a lot of pre-planning. So definitely keep the emails coming and pretty soon they’ll be old enough for us to back pack them on metrogaines and rogaines. We are keen to build their appreciation for the outdoors and their health and fitness through engaging with organised events that have a family friendly atmosphere. So, keep growing and getting stronger as my family will need you soon!! In the meantime, if you have any water sport events happening please let me know.
- You don’t inform people of how strenuous some of the events are. Maybe a guide with the events on what fitness level you should be at before attempting an event and what distance and course option suits their current fitness level. That way people don’t get their ambitions mixed up with their capabilities. You maybe losing first timers who didn’t enjoy an event because they didn’t realise how hard it was or people may not enter events thinking they don’t have enough fitness, not sure if this is the case.
- Maybe trying to expose the sport to a more wider community such as on the radio, in the local papers, in the school magazines, the pacmag. It something that the wider community can be involved in without thinking twice about their fitness level. Just like your new shirt says Get Fit, Be Dirty and Have Fun……That is the key
- Better support for new rogaine course setters – standards that set out what a ‘nq rogaine’ looks like. Possibly look at new avenues for event promotion. Open entries for events earlier and publicise widely and regularly.
- With the arrival of two babies it has been a little while since we have actually participated in a rogaine. However from what we remember the events were exceptionally well run. Don’t ever get rid of the random prizes cause they are certainly an incentive. In the metrogaine events a “family with prams” class would be great. (pram pusher class)
- The challenge of being in the outdoors and pushing my body to its limit and loving the experience.
- I love the variety of events. I like that all events are open for all the family, as well as those who are a little more competitive, to have their degree of fun and adventure. I also love that the events are always in such a lovely environment which really makes me proud of Cairns and how much we have to offer! I Love that we always recieve email reminders of events coming up! awesome!
- The emphasis on fun and participation at events that creates a great atmosphere and sees good turn outs and all the new comers excited to be ‘racing’. I also love all the volunteers, you’re amazing:)
- Men In Lycra!
- I love the metrogaines on a summer evening. A couple of hours in the cooler part of the day in the local areas and plenty of other participants too. A lot of fun and a great way to exercise. Fun on bikes too. I enjoy the team events mostly.
- I enjoy the Multisport events especially the concept of run, paddle, ride. The locations are absolutely awsome. The team/individual options cater for all as does the short/long courses. The entry fee is always reasonable.
- I love the variety you offer to new adventurers in a friendly atmosphere that doesn’t put too much pressure on people at the beginning. I am 55 years old and would never have had the experience of a big paddling event and a cycle event if not for you guys. I would recommend adventure sports to anyone with a reasonable level of fitness.
- You know its hard to choose one favourite, I’ve been a part of all sporting events that Adventure Sport NQ has put on and have thoroughly enjoyed not only the physical aspects that comes from being adventurous but also the opportunity to explore our amazing surroundings, develop friendships and be a part of a community minded organisation that brings about togetherness and an opportunity to learn. For all this to come together it takes a professional team of dedicated people and volunteers all with the same goal in mind and thats to have fun in the great outdoors, so for me its not just about metrogaining, rogaining, multisport or trail running but the whole package that makes this such a wonderful group.
- I love the company of positive supportive people. People who all have a love of life and know how to get the most out of it. People who know it’s not about who crosses the line first but who had the most fun getting to the line.
- Rogaining. I love the fact that someone who is not an elite athlete can achieve an enormous amount by finishing a 3/6/12 event having found lots of markers through skill and perseverence and not necessarily huge fitness or brute strength. it also allows me to participate in something that even elite athletes still find challenging. The thrill of the hunt, the excitement of walking straight on to a marker, being the first in the team to spot it from a distance are all things that make rogaining so much fun. And its a great way to lose weight too. just a little added bonus.
PS - T shirt winners announced later on Monday