2012 results are here
OnaMission Adventure in Paradise the most scenic Multisport event ever!
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment”
Ralph Waldo Emerson[google_plusone size="tall" float="right"] [fblike style="box_count" showfaces="false" width="60" verb="like" font="arial" float="right"]
What’s it all about?
A paddle to picturesque Dunk Island is followed by a challenging run over Mount Kootaloo (and return for short course), around beautiful Dunk and return to the Spit – long course. Relay runners will be transported to Dunk Island Sunday at 0630.
Competitors then return to the mainland for a mountain bike ride over the beaches and through the Licuala State Forest before taking on the final testing beach run.
The bulk of the event is off-road with only 5km of sealed sections in the bike course.
This event has been designed for those who are moderately fit and seeking to experience adventure racing in a fun, outdoors format, involving hiking/running, canoeing off Mission Beach and mountain biking.
- 8km paddle, 23km MTB, 11km run
For those with a sporting background who would like to experience multisport racing in a longer course format, take part in this challenging, yet achievable adventure in the outdoors.
- 12km paddle, 25km MTB, 19km run
All competitors will receive a Cool Max race shirt.
Compete as an individual or relay team with short or long course options. Or enter your corporate team for a workplace challenge with a difference!
- Juniors wishing to compete as an individual in the short race will need to submit satisfactory proof of prior Multisport/Triathlon experience to race admin prior to approval to race.
Where: South Mission Beach
Organiser: Mission Beach Surf Lifesaving Club
Contact Julie on 0427 039 117
Individual – $100 per person
Relay Teams of 3 or 4 – $84 per person
Categories – Male, Female, mixed (teams only), under 40, over 40.
Approved juniors 14-17 must have written parental sign off on race day waiver.
Briefings: 7pm (essential)
RACE start 7:30am
Run Dunk Island Spit to Mt Kootaloo, around Dunk Island and return to spit
Paddle to South Mission
Ride north on beach
Left on El Arish/Mission Beach Rd
South on Licuala Forest Trails (23Km)
Run from Mission Beach South to Castaways and return
What to bring
- Water Craft and paddles
- Type 1 or 2 PFD
- Mountain bike & helmet
- Running Shoes
- Water & Food
- An awesome lunch afterwards
- Water at transition points
- A great Cool Max T-Shirt
Accomodation, Facilities, Eat, Hire
$5 P/P camping accommodation is available at Frogs Hollow – Contact OnaMission Admin
Plenty of accommodation available at South Mission and Mission Beaches from Luxury Resort style to Caravan Parks.
Ask your friends, workmates etc or contact a hire company to arrange a water craft. Options include:
- Adventure Equipment 07 4031 2669 can now provide an excellent range of water-craft.
- Coral Sea Kayaking, South mission Beach 07 4068 9154
- Babinda Kayak Hire 07 4067 2678
- Boats R Us at Portsmith Fuel Stratford 07 4058 2001
- Dave’s Boats at Greenbank Rd Stratford 07 4058 1335
- As this event involves an ocean paddle – it is advisable to paddle the course at least once before the event, preferrably with someone who has done this event before.
- Event Briefing Notes will be emailed to those who have entered in the week before the event.
- Junior Entry age is 14 years to 17 years (social race only). Parent/Guardian must sign Waiver on Race Day.
- Competitors must be present at the presentation to be eligible to win a random draw prize.
- We Will refund full entry fee less $10 if an individual is forced to withdraw from the event prior to 1st September and advises the Race Director. No refunds after 2nd September without a medical certificate. If this is the case we will credit your entry fee for next year’s race.
How to get there
Turn east onto the Tully/ Mission Beach Rd. Turn right onto South Mission Beach Rd. At intersection of South Mission Beach Road and Kennedy Esplanade locate a parking spot, then head north up Kennedy Esplanade to the South Mission Beach Surf Club.